Hope CommUnity Center
Hope CommUnity Center (HOPE) hosts Apopka team. The center works with immigrants, farm workers, and low-income families.
- After-school tutoring programs for elementary, middle and high school students (bilingual English/Spanish required). Includes supervising volunteers, tracking student attendance and progress, and communicating with parents
- Adult education classes – focused on ESL, GED, and a basic literacy class.
- Creating instructive pieces for use in various media and community venues. NDA may also provide a role in documenting HOPE’s events (photography, videography) and maintains HOPE’s social media presence (bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required); strong writing and creative, artistic skills required
- Youth empowerment program that includes weekly youth group meetings, youth retreats, cultural enrichment activities, service projects, and summer camp. Members also monitor student academic progress and assist youth in obtaining academic support tools;
- College and career access program including planning, organizing, and hosting academic and enrichment activities for students who are primarily first generation in their family to think about post-secondary education (bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required)
- Immigration program services include helping community members seeking to become US citizens, educating community members of their rights and responsibilities, and helping people in adapting to US culture, language and way of life (bilingual English/Spanish required)
- Service learning/immersion including Alternative Spring Breaks and other immersion experiences in Apopka. NDA will help create program content, perform training, foster relationships with host families, plan homestays and provide support to program participants (bilingual English/Spanish required)
- In every HOPE assignment, the focus is on building relationships. The opportunities will be of interest to people who would like to work in a highly relational, grassroots, social justice, non-profit realm.
For more information, visit: www.hcc-offm.org