Invictus High School
The mission and vision of Invictus High School are to educate, support, and empower our students by providing instruction in a small classroom setting for computer and project-based curriculum, to offer full wrap-around supports and services which remove barriers to educations for our students.
Invictus High School believes that education is one of the keys to self-empowerment and to break cycles of generational poverty. We provide instruction and wrap-around supports with an emphasis on social-emotional/relational learning and skills toward our goal of empowering students to advocate for themselves, to work toward post-secondary career or educational goals, and to participate in the work toward their goals of graduation and beyond.
- Classroom support:
- Assist the classroom teacher in any subject by answering basic student needs in all curriculum
- Aid in contacting students regarding attendance, coursework, and graduation progress
- Help teacher create coursework/grade associated assignments
- Gathering of student data
- Distribute information to students
- Aid in state-mandated and intake testing procedures
- Additionally, we imagine the NDA members may provide social/emotional guidance for students as they form relationships, including work on planning, goal-setting, and forming/pursuing post-secondary goals through mentoring-style interactions with students.
- Career Support – aiding in the search and application for jobs and career opportunities for students.
- College-bound and extra/co-curricular support – Aiding students in seeking out, participating in, and developing skills via extra and co-curricular opportunities. Helping students apply for college, programs, etc.
For more information, visit: invictushighschool.org