Seeds of Literacy
Seeds of Literacy (Seeds) is an innovative adult literacy program providing personalized education, enabling students to succeed in their communities. Founded by the Sisters of the Congregation of St. Joseph, Seeds has been passionately educating the Cleveland community since 1997. Becoming a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in 2005 opened new doors for Seeds and allowed our organization to expand our outreach to serve more adults in Cleveland. Serving as the only accredited adult education program in Ohio, Seeds is dedicated to providing a GED preparatory education through one-to-one instruction. All of our students come to Seeds with unique stories and goals for their education. We are dedicated to providing educational opportunities that meet the needs of each student to help them obtain the goals they passionately work towards.
- Communicate policies and procedures to all new students.
- Assist students in completing registration information.
- Appropriately utilize and administer standardized tests and review of test results.
- Formulate and communicate clear learning and workforce goals/objectives appropriate for students.
- Monitors students’ comprehension/progress and provides feedback to students, tutors and site coordinators.
- Communicates with site coordinators regarding reassessments and student concerns.
- Maintain and demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of student curriculum (high school equivalency exams and other learning materials).
- Become familiar with students’ background, knowledge, experience and skills.
- Accommodate different learning styles by using a variety of strategies and instructional techniques.
- Use technology effectively (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, Google Docs, LACES).
- Maintain accurate/complete records and submit information on time.
For more information visit: seedsofliteracy.org