GroundWorks DanceTheater seeks an engaged, reflective, and responsive educator with strong time management, critical thinking, and classroom management skills. Applicants should have experience or interest in working with children from high-poverty areas, folks with disabilities, and/or senior populations. Applicants should have access to flexible and reliable transportation, as GroundWorks teaches at locations throughout Northeast Ohio including Cleveland, Cleveland Heights, Shaker Heights, Akron, and more. This is a part time position requiring approximately 20 hours per week, and applicants should have either a flexible schedule or a very consistent schedule to accommodate varied program times including during school time (8-3), after school (3-6), and weekend classes.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Teaching Assistants are responsible for assisting in the day-to-day management and administrative support of the programs including data collection, data input, relationship building, material collection, weekly education meetings, and monthly professional development. Teaching Assistants work directly under the supervision of the Education and Community Engagement Coordinator (ECEC) and in collaboration with the company dancers, fellow teaching artists, company trainees, and/or company interns.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Work collaboratively with the ECEC in the development of new lesson plans and assist with regular reflection and evaluation of existing lesson plans .
- Nurture relationships with community and education partners.
- Adhere to all GW policies, procedures, and evaluations for education programs to ensure programmatic and student success.
- Approach education and community outreach through engaged pedagogy, trauma-informed care, culturally-responsive teaching, anti-racist educational practices, and/or other inclusive teaching/facilitating models/theories.
- Participate in programmatic, instructor, student, and/or self-evaluation and documentation (written, photo, video) of educational programs to ensure continued program development and success.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications Assistant to produce content for informational and marketing materials.
- Assist with data tracking and data input of programmatic activities.
For more information, visit: Home – GroundWorks DanceTheater