NDMV members and volunteers serve alongside communities to expand access to education. Members provide support in a range of learning environments, including schools and community centers. With NDMV’s participation, learners of all ages are able to receive the individualized instruction that is the key to unlocking their full potential.
We seek to improve the access to education for communities and individuals in order to help them reach their full potential. We recognize that many factors can limit one’s opportunities. We aim to work alongside these people to find their paths to success.
Notre Dame Mission Volunteers builds on the Sisters of Notre Dame tradition of building learning communities. Community partners, members, Sisters, and students strengthen communities every day by learning and serving alongside one another.
Notre Dame AmeriCorps members serve in the spirit of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, who uphold the following values:
1. We proclaim by our lives even more than by our words that God is good.
2. We honor the dignity and sacredness of each person.
3. We educate for and act on behalf of justice and peace in the world.
4. We commit ourselves to community service.
5. We embrace the gift of diversity.
6. We create community among those with whom we work and with those we serve.
7. We develop holistic learning communities which educate for life.
A living allowance of $15,100 is distributed biweekly over the 11 month service period. This comes out to be roughly $629.17 biweekly before taxes.
Members are eligible to receive child care assistance, which covers up to the state’s local market rate for child care fees. For more information about childcare assets visit the Gap Solutions website.
Segal Education Award
Upon successful completion of their service, members receive an education award of $6,395 (taxable).
The Segal Education Award can be applied to qualified student loans or future education.
NDA members are eligible to enroll in our health insurance plan.
Student Loan Forbearance
Members can place qualified student loans into forbearance during their service.
The National Service Trust will pay the interest that accrues on qualified loans during the time a person is in service. To learn more, visit the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award website.
Development and Training
- Orientation: Local Site Directors lead orientations at the beginning of the service term.
- Team meetings: Placements include regular training on relevant topics each month.
- Mid-Year Conference: Members participate in workshops, engage in reflections, and hear from keynote speakers.