Hello! We are so glad you are interested in joining Notre Dame Mission Volunteers-AmeriCorps! Below is all the information you will need to apply to our program.
NDMV International Page.
Applicants submit their applications directly to the city/cities in which they are interested in serving. Please review the service locations we offer in order to discern your top choices. If you need more information, help chosing the location that best fits your interests, or if any questions come up as you fill out your application, please contact Jackie at 410-532-6864 x21, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is always happy to help. We look forward to receiving your application and talking with you soon!
Notre Dame-AmeriCorps will begin accepting applications in February 2016 for the next service year, which begins September 1, 2016 and ends on July 31, 2017. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. Timelines may vary by city and circumstance, but generally decisions are made within 4-6 weeks of initial application.
We invite applications from individuals who are over 21 and have work experience or a college education. A high school diploma is required unless the applicant is enrolled in a GED program while serving and completes his or her GED by the end of the year of service.
Applicants should also possess:
- The willingness to spend a year in the service of others.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptive, and work on a team.
- U.S. citizenship or be a lawful permanent resident.
- Commitment to serve as a full-time volunteer for 11 months.
- Complete and submit a full, two-part application
+ AmeriCorps Application
** The online AmeriCorps application includes two references, which are also required. If you choose to use the online application and your reference does not have access to email, you can print reference forms from the Microsoft Word document included here.
+ Notre Dame Supplemental Application
Essay and Self-Reference Form
*Be sure to name your first, second, and third choice placements.
Submit via email to the local Site Director(s) for the location(s) you are interested in. E-mail addresses are in the form <cityname>@ndmva.org, or individual contact information can be found by clicking on the links at the bottom of this page.
- Submit Educational Record
- Local Site Director(s) will review your application and contact you. Next steps may include:
- Interview with Site Director
- Interview with Supervisor at potential daily service site
- Site visit (if local)
- Upon selection to serve, members will be required to consent to a National Service Criminal History Check. The NSCHC includes:
- Identity verification
- National Sex Offender Public Registry search
- FBI Criminal History Record
- Statewide Criminal History Check(s) (from designated state repositories)
More information on completing this step will be provided by NDA staff upon selection for the program.
Transcript from most recent college or university (preferred)
Copy of high school diploma
You may have a single copy sent to the National Office in Baltimore (address found at the bottom of this page) rather than sending multiple copies to individual service cities.
Apopka, FL (Orlando area)
For additional information, or to submit a transcript, contact:
Notre Dame Mission Volunteers
Attention: Recruitment Coordinator
5405 Loch Raven Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21239
Phone: 410-532-6864 x21